Saturday, August 9, 2014

Summer reading project post 4- The Book Thief

8/9/2014
          Out of all the books within the Printz Award winners and honor books, I chose this book because it looked interesting, and also when I went to the store to look for a book from the list, the only books I could find were, this book, and 2 other books, which were both romance books that, and I have never read a romance book, i'm not a very romantic person (ask anyone) therefore I don't find any interest in reading romance books. Also I chose this book because I have a German friend who is very sensitive when it comes to the holocaust and I thought reading a book about it and how it was back then might help me understand why and how they feel.
         I would recommend this book to anybody out there who would like to see, or imagine, how life was during the holocaust, because this book has a good depiction of how life was back then, I don't know if it was true or not, but it sure is interesting and detailed. I would also recommend it to anyone who collects books and loves to read (you know who you are), because well, its a book, and on top of that, it's a GOOD book! Also to someone who wants to feel like they're reading a diary, because this is sort of like the grim reapers diary on accounts of events that have happened to a little girl named Liesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment