"Everyone in his family was crowded together in their family room when he slipped our and made his way to the kitchen. He pulled some charcoal from the stove and gripped it in the smallness of his hands. 'Now.' There was a smile. He was ready. He smeared the charcoal on, nice and thick, till he was covered in black. Even his hair received a once-over.
In the window, the boy grinned almost maniacally at his reflection, and in his shorts and tank top, he quietly abducted his older brother's bike and pedaled it up the street, heading for Hubert Oval. In one of his pockets, he'd hidden a few pieces of extra charcoal, in case some of it wore off later."
I chose this small little selection from The Book Thief to try and convince some of you out there reading this blog post, to read the book. The reason I chose this little section of the book is because it seems to be a little interesting. I mean there's a boy who sneaks away from his family while they are in the family room and covers himself in charcoal, steals his brothers bike, and heads off to some place called Hubert Oval (read the book and you'll know what it is). I hope this gets some of you out there to at least consider this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment