Monday, April 28, 2014

Blogging Assessment #1



1. I chose my most recent blog post titled “The Wizard Heir-post 2”. My writers voice is not really that expressed in my blogs, I am still new-ish to blogging but it is improving little by little. Some things that I put in there that do have somewhat of a voice is things like me saying how I like how the author puts a lot of suspense in her books. This doesn’t say a lot about my personality but I’m trying.

2. Some diction that I put into my blog post (I think there was only one) is where I said “in return Seph has to give in to Leicester’s every command.” The word command creates a stronger feeling than saying like; Seph has to do everything Leicester tells him. Command makes it feel like there’s more authority to it and less of an option to disobey. My sentence length is not very long, it ranges from short-medium length, and I just noticed I use a lot of commas. The way I order how I write is I explain a little bit of the story, put in my opinion of what I think she’s doing, explain a little bit more, and so on. It helps the reader understand what I’m talking about when I voice my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I have noticed that through your small blogging experience your voice is actually showing a bit more from the beginning to now, even if a tiny bit, but it's there. I wish you luck with your future writings. I also agree with you on how your writing flows with the story then incorporating your own thoughts; it really does help the reader understand what you are explaining.

    ReplyDelete